During your spring break, you have a job:
1st and 5th periods: Complete the packet questions for The Jungle up through the end of chapter 10 in Sinclair's text. If you want to know where to get those questions, click here.
9th period: You had a quiz today on chapter 6&7 of A Separate Peace. During break, you are to READ chapter 8 and do some research on boarding schools in New England. I would like 2 articles printed out and brought to class on Monday. The articles must be: from a NEWS website OR from the SCHOOL's website. We will use these in a discussion on Monday.
Have a fabulous week!!
(JD - Your quote is: "Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right using of strength." by Henry Ward Beecher. You need to: interpret the quote, agree or disagree, prove your argument by using details from the text OMAM, give a strong analytical conclusion.)
1. Identify where and when the novel begins.
2. What mood is suggested by this setting? Give at least three clues that suggest this.
3. The setting and atmosphere change. Explain the changes.
4. What does the adult narrator say about the tree?
5. How does the 16-year old Gene view the tree?
6. In general, what is the significance of the tree to Gene OVERALL?
7. What is accomplished by having Gene narrate the story?
8. What is Gene's purpose in returning to Devon?
9. How does Knowles reveal that Gene has finally accepted whatever has happened and put the whole thing behind him?
10. How are Gene and Finny united after the jum