Okay - here's the deal. You write your own blurb, and it will go in the program. If I write your blurb, it will be boring. Click the link below to open a Google Drive document and add your blurb. DO NOT mess with other people's blurbs!
· Don’t be so caught up in actions as to miss lines
· Abby – get cookies from the table or something to get movement
· Loud and clear – You sound like you are reading, not actually speaking
· We need to get a little coffee table from my classroom and some cups of tea
· Pastor – let’s go with uptight, very proper
· Brophy – look at Pastor when you get introduced again. You have met him before.
· Movements are basic, but SO MUCH BETTER without the books
· Where is Teddy going to be when Brophy calls him a cuckoo
· Need volume – I think this will come when we are more confident w lines
· Funny movement when “I’ve retired him.” – Teddy
· Pastor has papers with him – maybe inside his coat pocket?? Keep them neat
· Maybe the ladies should feel sorry for Elaine that Mort keeps her waiting
· Way to go Meg Arnold, Divina
· Connor, are you trying to be the new Octavio w the suave forgetfulness and the keeping of your own schedule?
· Nicole – Thank you for being awesome and giving all those lines and stage directions
· I love how Meg, Connor, and Nicole worked together to fix their scene
· It is okay for E to sit when M takes her to the table – then she can react when learning about Jonathan
· Don’t walk in between the easy chair and the couch!
· Avoid the apron of the stage. This is not Brothers Grimm, so the action is a little away from the aud
· When Mort says that the bird is a vanishing species, he is also talking about the fact that he is no longer going to be single
· Play out the dead body discovery more
· Slow down the lines – even when you are excited *Since the first line is mid-conversation, make it sound like that.
Oct 30 Notes
· Teddy – don’t look backwards at Rev when talking – you end up giving the audience the back of your head
· Abby – love the sweetness of your character and your hand gestures. Keep them.
· Rev – look around when you are appreciating the house and virtues
· Rev – look at Abby when you’re speaking to her.
· Rev – nice tense attitude when speaking of Mortimer, but maintain that because your character feels awkward
· Rev – you really did look surprised when you heard about the stomach
· Abby – when you get to know your lines better, make sure you add some good movement (called stage business)
· React to Klein when he tells about shooting himself in the foot.
· Officers – sit on the edge of the couch so that you seem like guests. It would be the proper thing to do in the 1940s.
· Teddy – work on the crooked mustache
· Brophy – you know your lines!!! Yay!!
· Brophy and Klein – keep in mind that you are a team and you are always working together. I told you today about TRIANGLES on the stage. Keep that in mind when you move around and when you interact with any other characters.
· Cast and Crew – Thank you so much for keeping going when you have so many distractions. Good job!!
· We feel like this is a REAL rehearsal.
· Say OFFICER when you are addressing the officers, then you won’t worry about their GENDER.
· We LOVE that people are using our AWESOME student director to get lines!! That’s the way it should be!
· Teddy – You’re going to have to pay special attention to your ridiculous amount of stage directions because you have to be on stage at weird times.
· Do the girls in the cast realize how lucky they are to have all these handsome men in their cast!!
· Things work SO MUCH BETTER when we know our lines! Yeah!
· Look at her legs, Mort, when she says she has two of them.
· Elaine - Love the look on your face when you are talking about the wedding.
· Elaine – make sure you react to the cutting in half with teeth line
· Mort – you have your game on tonight!! Good nonchalance about the moving of the cushions when telling of your upcoming nuptials.
· Mort – We like that you noticed you need to be closer to the window so you can look at E skipping through the cemetery.
· We need papers for Mortimer to look for
· Abby – We like that you are at the table after Mort discovers the body. You turned so nicely to the left and right to talk w Martha and Mortimer.
· Mortimer – Your personality changed when you discovered the body! Great!! Love it!!
· We have a perfect Abby/Martha combo!! Good teamwork. Keep working on lines.
· Today you, as a group, decided to stay longer than 9pm because you wanted to get through with the act. THIS IS WHY WE CHOSE YOU! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
· Lines. Some of you need to know your lines; please know your lines. They make the play work so nicely.
· Martha – You have the sweetest old lady voice when you are talking about the poison recipe. Very cool.
· Elaine – be sexy when you say “He’s not going to be waiting up for us tonight.”
· E – good inflection with “Mortimer, Darling, you lost your job.”
· Don’t be pushed around so easily. When he stops pushing you, don’t keep going.
· Gibbs- keep in mind that you are kind of interviewing these women to see if you like the house. Go through a mental LIST of the things that are important to you in a bed and breakfast.
· FUNNY kicking out of Gibbs!! Gibbs – walk out in “old-man-fast” mode when Mort freaks you out.
· Mortimer – don’t back up on stage when the ladies are asking you to stay for the funeral.
· It would be funny if Mortimer’s voice cracked when they mentioned that your voice cracked when you were little.
· Einstein- we like the childlike excitement over the liquor
· Love the way Kyle says “changes peoples faces line”
· On page 35 Abbey needs to add the line “it’s Frankenstein”
· Jonathan- when he says “Teddy wanted to be president” needs to sound like he is mocking him
· Jonathon – when you say the rat line, be more flippant. Don’t “break” until the Boris Karloff line.
· Jonathon – your character persona is developing nicely
· Jonathan and Einstein: YOU GUYS ARE LIKE PINKY AND THE BRAIN!!!
Nov 2 - Cast Notes
· Abby – on foreigner line, look in window seat
· Martha - LEARN YOUR LINES
· Tonight is kinda sucking…
· THANK YOU, NICOLE!
· Abby is the only one with an excuse not to know her lines yet
· Jonathan – remember to be facetious about “Good Night Aunties”
· Einstein – PLEAD more, you’re trying to pacify Jonathon’s scary mood
· Jonathan - Draw out that Melbourne method line
· Needs to be more awkward tension between J & E during Melbourne bit
· Jonathan – more maniacal when you are about to kill Mortimer
· Right now because you don’t know your lines, you’re like teenagers reading lines, not your characters – next week THIS CANNOT HAPPEN.
· Einstein – nice relief about “the quick method”
· Einstein – not so slurry that we can’t understand you
· Einstein – your cops high voice was funny, but I don’t think it’s really accurate for your character…
· We are so appreciative of your initiative to stay late and want to add rehearsals, and we’re game for that, but you also need to MAXIMIZE OUR ACTUAL REHEARSAL TIME! We are too close to the show for you to be screwing around on the audience. STUDY YOUR LINES! Grab your castmates and work on sections you’re struggling with!
· Rooney – walk around more, but definitely much better this week!
· Rooney – WHAAAT?!?
· Teddy – walk like Roosevelt; strides; also – walk over to Rooney and be more confrontational when you say that my department line
· Rooney – be more high strung/wound up
· Mortimer – remember that you aren’t necessarily happy about incriminating Teddy in to save your Aunts; you know it’s the best plan BUT you’re still really on edge in this part
· Mortimer – When Rooney asks “Are you sure?” – examine yourself, because you’re so wound up you aren’t actually sure…then the head shake transition will work better
· Mortimer – your uncertainty with your tour guide line actually worked really well
· Teddy - Run with purpose, more presidential/military, not like funny Max
· Rooney – it’s good to step up when it’s your line, but you’re still involved in this group conversation; you don’t step back away from your circle
· We need to figure out when to get that chair they use to tie up Mortimer pushed back in, maybe Brophy or Klein before dragging Jonathan off stage?
· We love that Martha looked up from her straightening when she heard the mention of the cellar.
· Work on movement when Rooney is thinking about going to the cellar.
· This is the last week that you’ll be allowed to act like teenagers on stage! You have to stay on character from now on when you get on the set.
· Great face – Einstein – when you have to stop at the door and think you are going to get caught!
· Witherspoon – when you say “why certainly”, this is your cue to start shuffling through papers to get ready for the ladies to sign at the table.
· Einstein – like the hugging of the bag
· Einstein – instead of making a mad dash to the door to get out, try creeping in an overly exaggerated manner -
· Mortimer – tension btwn you and Einstein when you mention that he was going to kill you earlier.
· Ladies – Martha had good suspicion when E was leaving without Jonathan
· Mort – make more of a show asking Elaine to stick around – Your inner monologue is saying, “Hey, I would like to hang out w you later.”
· Dr. Witherspoon – you seem too jovial – Try to be more like Milton from Office Space (the stapler guy)
· Brophy and Klein – nice job. I know it is new for the two of you to work together, but you’ll be GREAT!!
· We like that Martha leaned forward to include Elaine in the “not really a Brewster” speech.
· Watch entrances and exits!! Be ready so that we don’t have to chase you around and WASTE time.
· Impressive – Abby knows SO MANY LINEs and has had SO LITTLE TIME to learn them.
· Jonathan needs to be more resentful and angry when he last leaves the house.
· Good unspoken communication between Martha and Abby – now just work on the spoken communication.
Nov 5 Rehearsal Notes
· Teddy – nice job moving around and we’ll make sure you have stuff to do; we’re thinking maybe a map over by the desk that you could spread out on the table and “do war strategy”
· Klein – way to get your entrance!
· Abby – make sure you respond to Teddy’s move as soon as he starts moving.
· “BinITski – Abby
· Harper – make sure you sound like your character, not a teenager who is trying to remember his lines.
· Harper when you say - “Really? Here in Brooklyn?” don’t sound so excited. Be more like a psychologist would.
· I want you all to listen to the lines of the other characters. Let your face and your body REACT to those lines.
· Harper – put the papers on the dining room table, then say the rest of your lines on center stage.
· Teddy – fix your own tea before you say the line “Personally, I’ve always enjoyed…”. This way you can be completely in the scene.
· Abby – You ROCK this. We know your personal life is crazy right now, but you still manage to be responsible to us and this show. KUDOS to YOU!!!
· We need some tea cups – fancy pretty ones
· We need some army guys for Teddy to play with.
· Brophy - look at Harper when you say pneumonia. You are explaining the illness to him since he’s the only one here who doesn’t know.
· Klein – Be loud and clear when you speak your AWESOMELY MEMORIZED lines.
· Brophy – stand up and yell COLONEL when you hear Teddy blow that horn. You’re annoyed with him because he always blows that darn horn. This has been a problem for a while and it is your job to stop it.
· Maybe we should have cookies on the table.
· Love that Martha came in RIGHT ON TIME. Perfect timing!
· Klein – never turn back to audience, teach her about cheating out
· Caity – you know your lines a little better – good improvement. OFFICER Klein, OFFICER Brophy.
· Abby and Martha – Don’t shuffle your feet. You are proper little women.
· Martha – We love your little “Abby, Mortimer’s here” song!! SO cute and adds another sweet dimension to the ladies.
· Mort & Elain – no spinny thing, but do something cute. Maybe do a little lift and turn thing.
· NEVER BREAK CHARACTER. If you mess up, STAY in character.
· Mortimer – when you rant about Teddy killing a man – be more high strung AND also, turn toward the audience when you turn.
· Great energy between Martha and Abby.
· Can we have some 7th and 10th period practices? Scenes that need work: Jonathan and Einstein;
· Mortimer – you built your energy/frenzy well through your learning the truth scene
· Abby – don’t forget to cheat out
· Mortimer – you standing there waiting at the chair was awkward…don’t walk over there until a little later [wait until LONELY OLD MAN!]
· Mortimer – your laying down on the couch out of frustration was funny
· Gibbs – go over to Martha and shake her hand when you first meet her.
· Gibbs – We like that you are looking around the house.
· Caity – You are adorable.
· THERE IS STILL A LOT TO BE DESIRED ON LINES!! GRR!!!
· When Mortimer did that thing with the pitcher, you blocked Mr. Gibbs.
· We need to get the pillow fixed.
· Abby and Martha need to figure out something to do while Mort is on the phone and you are on the couch.
· PLEASE bring your costumes in TOMORROW!
· Abby and Martha – when you are on the landing, make sure you don’t put your back to the audience!
· Jonathan – get shoes that will work with the Kramer entrance.
· Einstein – should you have a weird limp?
· Good exchange btwn Jonathan and the ladies when he talks about their ring and high collar.
· Jonathan - The crossing of arms is OKAY, but don’t do it all the time.
· Einstein - Make the reaction to FRANKFURTER a little bigger so that the audience can get it.
· Einstein – Good improvement on your German accent. Keep it up.
· Einstein – when you sit on the couch, look a little awkward so that the audience knows you aren’t super comfortable in this strange new house
· PLEASE KNOW YOUR LINES. We are nervous.
· The set can’t be together until THURSDAY, but it is making serious progress. Don’t worry. We also have a local artist who will help us make it GORGEOUS and Victorian.
· Einstein – LOVE the way you get ready for dinner! So FUNNY!
November 8 Notes - Act III
· When you stop and talk about stage directions – do it in character! (Thank you, Einstein.)
· Idea – can you ball the handkerchief in Mortimer’s mouth a little more?
· “Hello, GALS.” – Sophie.
· Sherriff – don’t wear that badge – it is WAY TOO big!
· Meg – different costume. She looks too much like the cops.
· Tyler needs a hat.
· Teddy – you ROCKED the mollycoddle line!!
· Teddy – coat – let’s stuff the coat and see what happens.
· Watch out! You made a big LINE on stage.
· Ethan – get a pen for the signing of the papers. Keep a couple in the hutch, when it gets here.
· We love that you all are working together to get this show going.
· Mr. Witherspoon – pause on landing, but don’t use the binoculars. What’s with those binoculars, anyway?!
· Martha upstaged Mortimer when he was talking to Elaine
· Funeral outfits are so adorable!! Good job, costumer.
ROUND 2 of the same act
· Jon – have the handkerchief in your pocket so that you have it handy
· Abby – watch upstaging
· We need to come up with something for Elaine to do during the twenty minutes that she is sitting on the window seat. Otherwise it is just weird.
· Elaine – you are always aware of where your character is and what you are doing. Nicely done.
· Mort and E – look at each other when the aunts tell you you’re not a Brewster. This is something that you two would want to
· We need to find a spot where Martha takes her gloves OFF. Otherwise you just wear them forever. Weird.
· FLASK – brandy!
· GO, Nicole!
Ethan - check out this accent!!
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.